lunes, 11 de julio de 2011

I remember when I first moved to Carretera a El Salvador, everything was empty, no houses, no roads, not much cars, nor the bridges we have now, there was no Pradera Concepción, instead there was a huge forest. There was no traffic, I remember that my old school was at zona 15, and my brother and I had to get to school before 7:30, if I want to be there before that time now, I have to get out of my house at 5am., but back then I just had to get out of my house at 7am so it was just half an hour of travel, and some times, when we got there early, my father took us to a Mc Donald´s wich was close to our school, and we ate our breakfasts there.
At the colony where I live, there were not much houses, I remember it was only my house, wich was being built, and one more house that was at the corner of my block, now there are around 200 or more houses. At  my colony´s park was a field, it had no goals, nor basketball field or a way to the trees, I remember there was a river, and there was no barrier from the field to the river, and sometimes there were snakes or rats in the field so it was actually dangerous being there, so my brothers and I just could stay home the whole day. Now we have a football soccer field at the park, we also have a basketball field, and a little kids-play area, where we have a slide, a wood castle for kids, swings, railings, and other type of kids games, I remember we had a little forest were my mom, my grandma, my brothers and I used to play, we also had a little mountain were we used to threw our selves over cardboard, now the forest is gone, and instead of the little mountain they did a little way to the threes far away. Besides my house there is a new mall wich was not there eleven years ago.
When my mom wanted to make her shopping, wether it was just food, or clothes shoping, she had to go to pradera zona 10, I remember we used to visit that mall really frequently with my mom, since we loved to go and watch things, and I loved to go with her to Paiz, I remember that we also loved to go to Pizza Hut, at zona 15, she went to pick my brother and I up to school, and we had to leave him at a building for an hour, so that we almost went to eat at pizza hut, since it was just in front of the building.
Places change, people change, and all we can do is adapt and get used to changes, because if the world would always stay the same, what would make living so exciting and great? where would we be supposed to get excited? 

1 comentario:

  1. Rodrigo:

    What a great way to start--especially by noting how much time it takes to come down the mountain in traffic. However, your first paragraph is all ONE sentence! Make sure you edit for grammar.

    Also, I would have liked you to add a little more about the way you felt with the change. Did it sadden you? Does it excite you to have your neighborhood such a popular place to live? Think a little more next time.

    Keep up the good work. Challenge yourself.

    Best,
    Miss K

    ResponderEliminar